Friday, March 19, 2010

Dude...seriously...where have you been?

Well....this is awkward!

It's been 10 months since the last blog post...which doesn't say much for my writing ability...or commitment for that matter.

So here's a quick recap of whats been happening:

  • I now work 2 jobs: 3 days a week project managing for these guys and another 3 days for my crew here
  • Family size increased by one. Step right up Isis Muthoni. (who incidentally really REALLY like the kung-fu kick assery sounds)
  • I discovered mindmapping with freemind and mindjet. I can't recommend the two enough. If you really want to use both halves of your brain to solve a problem or just plan out what direction your life/project/random event is taking, then the mind mapping may just be the tool for you
  • Read the GTD (thats Getting Things Done for those not in the know) book and now trying to implement it in my life. Apparently, there are some synergies between GTD and the 7 habits...in that the 7 habits give you a road map of what to do and GTD gives you the how. I'll be doing a monthly review of how that's working out.
  • Did an outward bound trip with family over Easter. Kilimanjaro and Elephants in the morning are awe inspiring to say the least

And lots of mundane drudgery...

Ah well. On to the next. Going for weekly updated from here on out.

No comments: